» View Bp. Dolan's Newsletter
New & Noteworthy
> The traditional Latin Mass.
> The traditional Roman Catholic Faith.
> Vocations to the traditional Catholic priesthood.
> Resistance to the errors of Vatican II.
Response to Bp. Williamson on the Vacancy of the Roman See
Most Rev. Donald J. Sanborn
In two Kyrie Eleison blog posts, #343 and #344 (February 8 and 14, 2014), Bp. Richard Williamson proposed a number of arguments against sedevacantism. What occasioned the bishopâ€™s comments was an emerging tendency towards sedevacantism among the priests who left SSPX over the past two years in response to the prospect of an SSPX-Rome deal. Bp. Donald Sanborn analyzes Bp. Williamsonâ€™s four main arguments in light of what pre-Vatican II theologians teach about the hierarchy, the indefectibility of the Church, the infallibility of the universal ordinary magisterium, and the sin of heresy. Also: the disturbing parallels between Bp. Williamsonâ€™s and Hans KĂĽngâ€™s notions of infallibility.
[28 Feb 2014]
Also New: (Updated 10/30/2011)
- Traditionalists, Infallibility and the Pope Rev. Anthony Cekada
- Modernism Resurrected: Benedict XVI on the Resurrection Most Rev. Donald J. Sanborn
- Benedict Approves Contraception Most Rev. Donald J. Sanborn
- Sacramental Intention and Masonic Bishops Rev. Anthony Cekada
- Here Comes the Bride: The Music Starts Again for the SSPX Most Rev. Donald J. Sanborn
©2007 traditionalmass.org. Powered by Wordpress & DreamHost.